Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Egg salad Edit
Hot pepper sauce Edit
- Fry the onion gently in the oil in a large saucepan until tender, without browning.
- Add the garlic and thyme and fry gently for about 1 more minute.
- Raise the heat and add the chicken pieces.
- Fry until lightly browned.
- Add the milk, water, all three types of potato, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces with a perforated spoon and as soon as they are cool enough to handle, shred into small pieces.
- Stir the soup with a wooden spoon to help the potatoes break down and thicken the soup.
- Add the sweetcorn and continue cooking over medium heat for another 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sweetcorn is tender.
- Add the herbs and shredded chicken, and cook for a final minute or two.
- While the soup is cooking prepare all the garnishes.
- To make the egg salad, mix all the ingredients and spoon into a small bowl.
- To make the hot pepper sauce, mix the ingredients, adding salt and sugar to taste, and place in another small bowl.
- Put the capers and cream in separate bowls.
- Ladle the soup into deep bowls and encourage everyone to help themselves to the various garnishes.