- Serves. 4-6
- 6 dried Chinese Mushrooms
- 1 small roasting Chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- l/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Soak Mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze dry, cut off and discard stems, cut caps into quarters if they are large.
- Cut Chicken into small pieces with cleaver, chopping through bones as well.
- Fry garlic and ginger in the hot lard or oil for a few seconds, then add Chicken and stir fry until colour changes. # Add Mushrooms, water and Sugar, cover and simmer until Chicken is cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with rice.