This dish is similar to, if not the same as, the arrozcaldo in the Philippines.
- ¼ chicken
- 1 cup of rice
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of carrots cut in small dices
- 4 cups of water
- chopped onions and peppers
- aliño (paste made with garlic, salt, cumin, and water)
- Chop onions and peppers, and fry them.
- Marinate the chicken with the aliño.
- Add the chicken to the onions and peppers.
- Add the rice, the peas, the carrots, the water, the cilantro, and let it cook.
- It will reduce, so check if you need to add more water.
- The idea is that the soup is a bit sticky due to the cooked rice.
- Do not leave it with too much water.
- When the soup is even stickier, it is called "meloso".
- You can also do it with duck, or beef.