Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish is similar to, if not the same as, the arrozcaldo in the Philippines.
- ¼ chicken
- 1 cup of rice
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of carrots cut in small dices
- 4 cups of water
- chopped onions and peppers
- aliño (paste made with garlic, salt, cumin, and water)
- Chop onions and peppers, and fry them.
- Marinate the chicken with the aliño.
- Add the chicken to the onions and peppers.
- Add the rice, the peas, the carrots, the water, the cilantro, and let it cook.
- It will reduce, so check if you need to add more water.
- The idea is that the soup is a bit sticky due to the cooked rice.
- Do not leave it with too much water.
- When the soup is even stickier, it is called "meloso".
- You can also do it with duck, or beef.