Blended cucumber and lime drink
- Agua Fresca de Pepino (Blended Cucumber and Lime Drink) from the Public Health Cookboook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 3 quarts water
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- crushed ice (optional)
- slice of lime for garnish (optional)
- Pour ½ cup of the water and 1 cup of the cucumbers in blender.
- Blend until cucumbers are pureed then add more cucumbers and water until all cucumbers are pureed.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain cucumbers into a pitcher to remove seeds and pulp.
- Stir in remaining water, lime juice and sugar.
- Chill before serving over crushed ice garnished with a slice of lime.