Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons egg mix + ¼ cup water (or 1 egg)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix warm water, sugar, and yeast. Set aside until mixture is foamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, oil, and yeast mixture.
- Stir in flour and salt until dough is not sticky and knead well.
- Cover dough, and allow to rise at room temperature for 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Shape dough into 12 rolls. Let rise again.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 – 30 minutes.