Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Black Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1990. Dated 1944.
- 6 pounds center cut sirloin, 2 inches thick
- ½ cup Kitchen Bouquet spice
- 3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1/3 cup degreased meat drippings
- Imported olive oil
- Coat Steak with Kitchen Bouquet and then cracked pepper to taste.
- Set aside for an hour or more.
- To make sauce, mix together melted butter, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and catsup.
- Beat with a wire whisk to mix and set aside.
- Sprinkle olive oil on Steak and rub evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350 and cook Steak uncovered for approximately 45 minutes.
- Turn heat off, open door slightly and leave another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Arrange meat on platter.
- Add meat drippings to sauce, whisk again and heat.
- Serve Steak at room temperature.