Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Byrd Estate in Cedar Hill, Texas in 1993.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced kale 
- 2 cups undrained canned crushed pineapple
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a covered saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic in the oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned.
- While the onions sauté, wash the kale.
- Remove the stems.
- Stack the leaves on a cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Add the pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the kale, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until just tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, hot pepper sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve over couscous or rice.