Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This salad or comparable greens and fruit combinations are served in all parts of Africa. The salad is ideal for a group of women on any occasion and men also appreciate it on a hot day. It is especially appropriate for a weekend or outdoor luncheon.
- 2 quarts raw spinach
- 2 quarts romaine lettuce
- 1 quart chicory
- 1 quart lettuce
- fresh pineapple cut in fingers, about 3 per bowl
- fresh mango in strips, about 2-3 per bowl
- avocado, dipped in lemon juice and cut in strips
- fresh coconut, cut in thin slices
- oranges (California type), thinly sliced with skins left on
- bananas, cut in chunks
- chopped peanuts (or coconut)
- 1 pint-basket strawberries or any berries in season.
Lime Dressing Edit
- In a 2-gallon bowl: stem, wash, and tear into medium-sized pieces: raw spinach, romaine, chicory and lettuce.
- Fill the bowls with the mixture of greens.
- Use any fresh fruits, coconut, and chopped peanuts in combinations like this:.
- Fresh pineapple cut in fingers, about 3 per bowl.
- Fresh mango in strips, about 2-3 per bowl.
- Avocado, dipped in lemon juice and cut in strips.
- Fresh coconut, cut in thin slices.
- Oranges (California type), thinly sliced with skins left on.
- Bananas, cut in chunks, thinly coated with mayonnaise and dipped in chopped peanuts (or coconut).
- And 1 pint-basket strawberries or any berries in season.
- Arrange the fruits attractively in the individual salad bowls or in one large bowl.
- Serve with lime dressing