- Melt margarine in large stock pot.
- Add carrots.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water, black eyed peas, navy beans, green pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper (add more water, if necessary, to cover).
- Cook, covered, until ingredients are tender, 1½ – 2 hours.
- Add peanuts, onion powder, basil, and coriander during last 10 – 15 minutes of cooking.
- Taste to correct seasonings.
- Soup should be thick.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.