Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Massey Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large bananas peeled and mashed
- 1 cup salted peanuts divided coarsely chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy then beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas until combined.
- Stir in ½ cup chopped peanuts.
- Scrape batter into well greased loaf pan then sprinkle top evenly with remaining peanuts.
- Bake at 350 °F for 60 minutes then cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and let sit overnight before serving.