Braised pork with coriander.
- Contributed by Karen Mintzias
- 750 grams pork fillet, leg or loin
- ¼ cup butter
- 500 grams new potatoes, peeled
- 250 grams small mushrooms
- 1 cup red wine
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- Cut pork into approximately 3 cm (1 – 2 inch) pieces leaving some fat on meat as this is desirable.
- Heat half the butter in a heavy based pan and brown potatoes.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add remaining butter and brown pork on each side, push to side of pan.
- Trim and clean mushrooms and fry quickly in pan next to meat.
- Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Pour in wine, add salt and pepper to taste and place potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with coriander seeds, cover pan with lid and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes or until pork and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a tossed green salad.