Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Braised pork with coriander.
- Contributed by Karen Mintzias
- 750 grams pork fillet, leg or loin
- ¼ cup butter
- 500 grams new potatoes, peeled
- 250 grams small mushrooms
- 1 cup red wine
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- Cut pork into approximately 3 cm (1 – 2 inch) pieces leaving some fat on meat as this is desirable.
- Heat half the butter in a heavy based pan and brown potatoes.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add remaining butter and brown pork on each side, push to side of pan.
- Trim and clean mushrooms and fry quickly in pan next to meat.
- Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Pour in wine, add salt and pepper to taste and place potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with coriander seeds, cover pan with lid and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes or until pork and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a tossed green salad.