Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork chunks in red wine and coriander seeds sauce
- 1 kg / 2 lb boned lean pork, diced
- 1 glass / 200 ml red wine
- 1 – 2 tbsp coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 6 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Marinate the meat in the wine and spices for at least 4 hours overnight if possible.
- Lift the meat out and save the marinade for later.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pot and brown the cubes of meat, a few at a time, until all are crisp and brown.
- Add more oil if necessary.
- Wipe any excess oil from the pan and return all the meat, pour over the marinade and add enough cold water to just cover the meat.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook gently, either in the oven or on the hob for about 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Almost all of the liquid should have evaporated to leave a thick sauce.
- If necessary cook the afelia uncovered for a further 10 minutes to reduce excess liquid.