Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Barbara’s Collection. Her notation says this was Uncle Bob’s most requested bean recipe. Dated 1919.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups small dry red beans or dry kidney beans
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry wine
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- Rinse beans, cover with cold water and let soak 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain, cover with fresh water plus salt.
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender about 1½ hours.
- Drain but retain liquid.
- Prepare rice by using bean liquid plus enough water to make 1½ cups liquid.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Add beans and bring to boil again, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sake.
- Mix gently and remove from heat and let sit until sake is absorbed.