Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lentils with chard and lemon. Serves 6.
- 1½ cups lentils
- 2½ cups Swiss chard leaves
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch green kizbara (coriander) or 1 stalk celery
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 tsp flour
- Wash lentils well and leave to drain overnight. Wash again in morning and pick over.
- Cook with water to cover in pressure cooker for l0 minutes.
- Open cooker. Add chard leaves which have been chopped with a few stems and one cup water. Cook under pressure another 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry onions in olive oil.
- Crush garlic with salt and add to fried onions.
- Wash and chop kizbara or celery.
- Add with the onions to the chard and lentil mixture. Stir.
- Add lemon juice mixed with one teaspoon flour to thicken the sauce.
- Let simmer until it is like thick soup.
- Add seasonings. Serve hot.