Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beans and sweetcorn pottage
- Serves 4 persons.
- 225 g / 8 oz beans
- 225 g / 8 oz corn (picked from the cob)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 fresh tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 2 sawa (smoked dry)
- 1 lt / 2 pt water
- 3 tablespoon palm oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pick over the beans and sweetcorn, throwing out any stones or pieces of grit.
- Wash and cook the corn in water till soft, add the beans and salt to taste.
- Cook until soft and pulpy approximately 40 minutes adding more water if necessary.
- Add the pepper, sliced onions and tomatoes stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Remove skin and bones from sawa and flake into small pieces.
- Add to the beans together with ground crayfish and palm-oil.
- Check seasoning and stir well.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fried ata sauce.