Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Mix rice, chana dal, urad dal, and yellow split peas in a large vessel.
- Soak in a lot of water for about 2 hours.
- Grind the soaked mixture with chili powder and salt coarsely, without adding much water.
- Ferment for about 3 - 4 hours, then refrigerate or freeze.
- In cold weather, the fermenting process might take longer, and it might be a good idea to ferment in an oven (the pilot light will keep the mixture warm).
- Add either onions (finely cut), carrot (grated) or coconut before preparing.
- Freezing notes if freezing, only ferment for about an hour.
- The mixture will have to be left out for a while before being ready to use.