Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/2 lb. Saltfish (codfish)
- 1 dozen ackee
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 slices hot Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 small red sweet pepper
- cooking oil
- Soak Saltfish in warm water to taste.
- After soaking saltfish (codfish), place it in cold water and boil.
- Clean the ackee. Remove the seeds and all traces of interior red pit from the ackees.
- Wash ackees five times
- Cover and boil until moderately soft.
- Drain, cover, and put aside.
- Pick up (flake) the saltfish and remove all bones.
- Sauté thinly sliced onions and sweet pepper rings.
- Remove half of the fried onions and peppers
- Add saltfish and the ackees, and turn the fire/stove up slightly.
- Add black pepper
- Pour in to serving plate and garnish with remaining onions and pepper slices.