- 1 lb. soaked salt fish
- 18 ackees
- 4 rashers Bacon
- 1 large Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 sweet pepper
- 4 tbsp. oil or butter
- black pepper
- Place salt fish in water and boil. Remove pods, seeds and centres from ackees. Tie in a muslin bag and add to the boiling fish. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain water. Remove the skin and bones from the fish. Fry the Bacon and keep it hot. Saute Onion and pepper in the bacon fat and then drain and keep hot with the Bacon.
- In the same pan, heat the oil or butter and add the fish and ackee and heat it through. Turn on to a heated dish and garnish with onions, pepper and Bacon.
- Serve hot with plenty of pepper.