- Drain all fruit, reserving liquid.
- Cut maraschino cherries in half.
- Cook acini according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse to cool, set aside in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs or place in blender to whip.
- In same pot used to cook the acini, place the reserved liquid, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Temper eggs with hot liquid, return to pan.
- If you're using an electric stove, turn off heat, return pan to hot burner, stirring constantly till mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat, pour over cooled acini.
- Stir gently but thoroughly.
- Mixture will be soupy.
- Add fruit, stir gently to combine, cover and refrigerate 4 – 6 hours or overnight.