Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Achards (hot vegetable curry) - Serves 4
- 8 oz carrots, cut into Julienne
- 8 oz White cabbage, finely shredded
- 8 oz small Cauliflower Florets
- 8 oz French green beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 oz Fresh Root ginger, coarsely grated
- 4 large chilli peppers, deseeded and shredded
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 heaped teasp curry Powder (check ingredients label)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Place the carrots, cabbage, Cauliflower and green beans in a medium saucepan, cover with water, season with salt then bring to the boil and cook for just 1–2 minutes until the vegetables are tender crisp. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the ginger, chillies, Onion and curry powder and cook, stirring for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the drained vegetables and cook over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice mix well then remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve as an accompaniment.