- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 4 cup: rice
- 1/4 litre: milk
- 3 no: eggs
- 2 cup: powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon: cardamom powder
- coconut oil as required
- Wash and soak the rice for two hours.
- Grind the rice with milk to a thick batter.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly and add to the batter along with Sugar and the cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and dip the achchappam mould in it for a minute.
- Dip the mould into the batter and then dip it in the hot oil.
- Fry along with the mould.
- Tap the mould for the appam to separate.
- Repeat the same till the batter is over.