Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a Malaysian pickle served as an appetizer.
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, chop fine
- 1 tbsp galangal, chop fine
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric (either fresh or powder)
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- ½ cup carrots, julienne
- ½ cup cucumber, julienne
- ½ cup cauliflower, broken into florets
- ½ cup shallots, whole
- Bring vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds and water to boil.
- Add lemon grass, galangal, garlic, turmeric and chilli paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and cauliflower, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cucumber and onions.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- Drain and serve cold.