Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not your everyday chicken recipe, this dish was inspired by the distinctive and appetizing flavor combinations of the Caribbean. Serve over white or brown rice. I prepared this tonight and it came out great. Roger.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- This serves 3 hungry people.
- 3 thick whole boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1½ cups orange juice
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- salt and pepper to taste
- rice cooked separately
- In saucepan, heat orange juice, raisins and marmalade and stir until marmalade melts.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker and add chicken chunks.
- Lightly brown.
- Add the orange juice mixture plus the brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Close lid and bring to high pressure, then lower heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and release using the natural release.
- Open, stir, taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place chicken a rice bed on dish then add some of the sauce and sprinkle with flaked coconut.
- If sauce is too thin mix a tablespoon of corn starch in a small bowl with water.
- Stir until dissolved completely and add to the chicken and sauce in pressure cooker until desired thickness is reached.