Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth defatted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, halves
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño chile with seeds
- 1 onion, halved—thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- baked (no oil) tortilla chips
- Boil broth and pickling spice in heavy large saucepan ten minutes.
- Strain and return liquid to saucepan.
- Add chicken, onion, vinegar, garlic, oil and cumin to pan.
- Simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about ten minutes.
- Transfer chicken and onions to shallow dish.
- Top with bell peppers and minced chile.
- Boil cooking liquid until reduced to ⅔ cup, about ten minutes.
- Pour liquid over chicken and let cool 30 minutes.
- Add cilantro to chicken mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, turning chicken occasionally, about 4 hours (can be prepared one day ahead).
- Slice chicken and transfer to plates.
- Top with marinated vegetables and some of the juices.