Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- ½ cup scallions with green minced
- ½ cup almonds chopped and blanched
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup white onion chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 fresh corn tortillas
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sliced ripe ==Directions==
- In small bowl toss together chicken, scallions and almonds.
- Sprinkle on salt then mix and set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat then add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Saute until vegetables are soft then stir in tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and oregano and blend well.
- Lower heat then cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly oil a casserole dish.
- Dip a tortilla in hot sauce until partially saturated then place tortilla in casserole dish and fill with ⅛ of the chicken mixture.
- Top with 1 tablespoon sour cream then roll into an enchilada.
- Place in dish seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- When casserole is filled drizzle remaining sauce over top then sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake 15 minutes.