Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It serves 4 to 6 person.
- 1 kg / 2 lb assorted meats (beef oxtail, tripe, ponmo, bokoto and bushmeat)
- 450 g / 1 lb stockfish (pre-soaked)
- 1 medium dry fish (washed and flaked)
- 450 g / 1 lb afang leaves (pounded)
- 225 g / 8 oz periwinkles (topped and tailed)
- 225 g / 8 oz ground chillies
- 225 g / 8 oz ground crayfish
- 1 litre / 2 pints palmnut concentrate
- salt to taste
- Wash the meat thoroughly and place in a large pot.
- Season with salt and ground chillies.
- Add some stock and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the oil-palm and cook until soft to make the concentrate.
- Add the washed smoked fish and stockfish to the pot of boiling meat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the palm oil concentrate, bring to the boil and cook till slightly reduced and soup coats of a spoon.
- Add the pounded afang leaves and periwinkles.
- Stir in the crayfish and cook for 15 minutes until well blended.
- Check seasoning and serve with pounded yam.