It serves 4 to 6 person.
- 1 kg / 2 lb assorted meats (beef oxtail, tripe, ponmo, bokoto and bushmeat)
- 450 g / 1 lb stockfish (pre-soaked)
- 1 medium dry fish (washed and flaked)
- 450 g / 1 lb afang leaves (pounded)
- 225 g / 8 oz periwinkles (topped and tailed)
- 225 g / 8 oz ground chillies
- 225 g / 8 oz ground crayfish
- 1 litre / 2 pints palmnut concentrate
- salt to taste
- Wash the meat thoroughly and place in a large pot.
- Season with salt and ground chillies.
- Add some stock and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the oil-palm and cook until soft to make the concentrate.
- Add the washed smoked fish and stockfish to the pot of boiling meat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the palm oil concentrate, bring to the boil and cook till slightly reduced and soup coats of a spoon.
- Add the pounded afang leaves and periwinkles.
- Stir in the crayfish and cook for 15 minutes until well blended.
- Check seasoning and serve with pounded yam.