Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dutch potato soup. In a country renowned for its potato eaters or aardappeleters, it is no wonder that there is a tasty and filling Potato soup available. This soup can serve as a filling meal on a cold day.
- 1 liter water
- 4 stock cubes
- 1½ dl milk
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- pepper to taste
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Bring the water to the boil and dissolve the stock cubes.
- Chop the cleaned leek (including the green) and saute on a low heat in the butter.
- Add the stock and the cubed potatoes. Leave the potatoes to cook through and through.
- When cooked, mash with a fork. Put the mashed mixture back in the pan and add the warmed milk and some pepper.
- Leave the soup to boil for a short while and stir in the chopped parsley and celery just before serving.