Dutch potato soup. In a country renowned for its potato eaters or aardappeleters, it is no wonder that there is a tasty and filling Potato soup available. This soup can serve as a filling meal on a cold day.
- 1 liter water
- 4 stock cubes
- 1½ dl milk
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- pepper to taste
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Bring the water to the boil and dissolve the stock cubes.
- Chop the cleaned leek (including the green) and saute on a low heat in the butter.
- Add the stock and the cubed potatoes. Leave the potatoes to cook through and through.
- When cooked, mash with a fork. Put the mashed mixture back in the pan and add the warmed milk and some pepper.
- Leave the soup to boil for a short while and stir in the chopped parsley and celery just before serving.