- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or butter flavoring (optional)
- Sift all dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites; add the remaining liquid ingredients.
- Pour the beaten liquids into the flour mixture. Don't overmix; ignore small lumps.
- Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes.
- Wipe a hot 6 inch non-stick pan lightly with oil.
- Spoon batter into the pan and let it spread until thin (tip pan if necessary).
- When browned on bottom, flip over to brown the other side.
- Note the two sides will look quite different.