Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Roberts Estate in Dayton, Ohio in 1988. Tried and true, this one is yummy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Place yolks in large mixing bowl and whites in small mixing bowl.
- Beat yolks at medium speed then gradually add granulated sugar.
- Speed may be increased to bring to fluffy texture, mix thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Clean and dry beaters and then beat whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Set aside.
- Clean and dry beaters and beat whipping cream, adding the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- When at a thick consistency, set aside.
- Place yolks and Sugar mixture under beaters and bring back to frothy consistency.
- Slowly add the cup of rum and cup of brandy.
- Fold in egg whites and whipping cream.
- Do not beat more than necessary.
- Remove from bowl and pour into serving glasses.
- Top with freshly ground nutmeg.