Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here's is a great simple salad. With just a touch of the southwest. MANGIA!!! by Nana Lee
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- © 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
- 5 minutes | 5 minutes prep
- Makes 4 servings
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ cup Mexican-style shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- Arrange lettuce in bottom of glass serving bowl or on serving plate.
- Layer beans, corn, salsa and cheese evenly over top.
- Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with chips.
- You can change the cheese and beans to your favorites.
Nutritional information Edit
Calculated for 1 serving (295g), not including 1 cup tortilla chips:
- Calories 328 (from Fat 119 (36%) | Total Fat 13.2g 20% DV (Saturated Fat 4.1g 20% DV, Polyunsat. Fat 0.7g, Monounsat. Fat 1.4g, Trans Fat 0.0g) | Cholesterol 16mg 5% DV | Sodium 518mg 21% DV | Potassium 800mg 22% DV | Total Carbohydrate 39.9g 13% DV (Dietary Fiber 12.5g 50% DV, Sugars 3.0g) | Protein 15.9g 31% DV | Vitamin A 4357mcg 87% DV | Vitamin B6 0.3mg 14% DV | Vitamin B12 0.1mcg 2% DV | Vitamin C 20mg 34% DV | Vitamin E 0mcg 2% DV | Calcium 176mg 17% DV | Magnesium 102mg 25% DV | Iron 3mg 19% DV | Alcohol 0.0g | Caffeine 0.0mg