Here's is a great simple salad. With just a touch of the southwest. MANGIA!!! by Nana Lee
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- © 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
- 5 minutes | 5 minutes prep
- Makes 4 servings
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ cup Mexican-style shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- Arrange lettuce in bottom of glass serving bowl or on serving plate.
- Layer beans, corn, salsa and cheese evenly over top.
- Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with chips.
- You can change the cheese and beans to your favorites.
Nutritional information Edit
Calculated for 1 serving (295g), not including 1 cup tortilla chips:
- Calories 328 (from Fat 119 (36%) | Total Fat 13.2g 20% DV (Saturated Fat 4.1g 20% DV, Polyunsat. Fat 0.7g, Monounsat. Fat 1.4g, Trans Fat 0.0g) | Cholesterol 16mg 5% DV | Sodium 518mg 21% DV | Potassium 800mg 22% DV | Total Carbohydrate 39.9g 13% DV (Dietary Fiber 12.5g 50% DV, Sugars 3.0g) | Protein 15.9g 31% DV | Vitamin A 4357mcg 87% DV | Vitamin B6 0.3mg 14% DV | Vitamin B12 0.1mcg 2% DV | Vitamin C 20mg 34% DV | Vitamin E 0mcg 2% DV | Calcium 176mg 17% DV | Magnesium 102mg 25% DV | Iron 3mg 19% DV | Alcohol 0.0g | Caffeine 0.0mg