What better than to safe guard you and your family from Dracula than 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken?
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 chicken
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 cup flour
- 40 large peeled garlic cloves
- 1 cup dry white wine (or water)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a deep heavy skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Toss in flour.
- When the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken, skin side down.
- Sauté chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add garlic cloves and saute until light brown.
- Add white wine and chicken stock.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Turn heat to high and reduce liquid by ⅔.
- Remove from heat and add to blender, add cream and puree sauce.
- Adjust seasoning and serve over chicken.