Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a wonderful salad and it has many possibilities.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce, romaine, leaf lettuce, bibb lettuce or spinach
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen peas, thawed or 2 cups sliced fresh cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, or canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- ½ lb bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss, American, cheddar, colby, Monterey jack or brick cheese (6 oz)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- Place lettuce or spinach in bottom of a large salad bowl; sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and sugar.
- Spoon desired vegetable evenly atop.
- Arrange egg slices and bacon over vegetable.
- Top with desired shredded cheese.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika and red pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over top of salad, sealing to edge of bowl.
- Cover and chill salad in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, toss to coat the vegetables.