Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Midwest Living
- Prep: 45 minutes | Chill: 2 to 24 hours
- Makes 8 to 10 side-dish salads
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 x 15oz can black beans, black-eyed peas, or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 x 10oz package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped red, green, and/or yellow sweet pepper
- 1 cup peeled and cubed jícama or shredded carrot
- 1 cup diced cooked ham or chicken
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 x 8oz carton dairy sour cream
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Place 3 cups of the lettuce in the bottom of a 3-quart clear salad bowl.
- Layer ingredients in the following order: black beans, tomatoes, frozen corn, sweet pepper, jicama, remaining lettuce, ham, green onions, and cheese.
- For dressing: in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, and chili powder.
- Spoon dressing over salad, sealing to edge of bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours.
- To serve, garnish with radish slices and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Toss lightly to coat evenly to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 443 Calories | 35g Total Fat | 10g Saturated Fat | 45mg Cholesterol | 625mg Sodium | 23g Carbs | 5g Fiber | 13g Protein