Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- 3 cups sliced, cooked potatoes
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup bran cereal, crushed to fine crumbs
- 4 tbsp grated American cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- dash pepper
- Melt the butter and cook onion in it until it's tender.
- Place half of the potatoes in a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Add part of the onion, bran and cheese.
- Mix the sour cream, eggs, salt, plus pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat, with another layer of potatoes, cheese mixture and sour cream mixture.
- Bake at 350 °F for 20 to 30 minutes.