Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 package dry yeast
- ½ cup warm milk (105 °F to 115 °F)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour — divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg — beaten
- 1 teaspoon shortening — melted
- 1 cup pecans — chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Sift together 1½ cups flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt; set aside.
- Combine dissolved yeast, egg, shortening, pecans, and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a surface sprinkled with remaining ½ cup flour; knead 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto a floured surface, and shape into a loaf.
- Place in a greased 7½ x 3 x 2-inch loaf-pan.
- Brush top with oil; cover and repeat rising procedure 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 °F for 40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove bread from pan immediately; cool on wire rack.