Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe was in a cluster of recipes designed to please children. The idea of rice and apples, plus a hint of orange marmalade makes it a treat for their parents as well.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 or 5 medium sized apples, pared and quartered or canned stewed apples
- 2 to 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- Combine milk and water in a double boiler or enameled pan.
- Stir in rice.
- Steam all until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, salt land butter with, of all tings, a fork! stew your apples (or use already stewed apples in a can or jar) by putting them in a little water and cooking over a low flame until soft.
- Now line a buttered dish with half of the rice; place cooked apples in the center.
- Spread the marmalade over the apples and rice.
- Top with remaining rice.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with milk or cream.