Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
10 simple additions to vegetable soups
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: How to Cook Everything
- Typed by: Susan email@example.com
Not all vegetable soups are the same; I would not, for example, add croutons to Miso Soup. But here are some things to consider:
- Any croutons.
- Any grain, cooked in the soup or left over (rinse first to remove unwanted seasonings).
- Any vegetable that will not greatly change the character of the soup.
- Small pieces of rind from parmesan cheese, or grated cheese.
- Any leftover bits of meat.
- Freshly chopped herbs or quick-cooking greens.
- Any spice you like, from jalapenos or other chiles to lots of black pepper to curry powder or other spice mixtures.
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (or, for soups with Asian seasonings, dark sesame oil)
- A swirl of pesto, especially in Italian soups.
- Leeks braised in butter or oil.