Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 (10 count) can buttermilk biscuits
- ¾ box confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla or lemon flavor
- 4 cups oil or shortening
- Open biscuits as directed.
- Place a biscuit in palm of one hand.
- Puncture the center with a free finger.
- Proceed to widen hole, being careful not to break circle.
- Continue until dough is approximately the thickness of your thumb.
- Repeat this process with all of the biscuits.
- Place them on a flat surface.
- Do not allow them to touch each other.
- Preheat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat on top of the range.
- Pinch a tiny piece of dough off of one biscuit.
- The oil is ready for frying when dough begins to fry, brown and float to the top.
- Fry 2 doughnuts at a time.
- Brown both sides.
- Then process takes approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- While the remaining doughnuts are cooking, drop the cooked doughnuts gently by fork into glaze mixture.
- Coat well.
- Place on tray and serve hot.