Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Stir together 4 cups blackberries and sugar in a bowl; let mixture stand 30 minutes.
- Process blackberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a 9-inch square pan, discarding solids; stir in buttermilk.
- Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks, and place in a bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Return to pan; cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish, if desired.
- 2 (14-ounce) packages frozen blackberries, thawed, may be substituted for fresh blackberries.
- Kitchen Express
- Double the ingredient amounts and combine blackberry juice and buttermilk in freezer container of a 4-quart electric freezer.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand 1 hour before serving.