Danish egg sandwich
- Serves 4
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 ounces anchovies, drained and mashed
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing of your choice
- Cream the butter, add the chives and lemon juice and mix until very smooth.
- Spread on thin-sliced bread.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Cover with second slice of bread.
- Mix the chopped eggs, anchovies, minced onion, dry mustard and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Spread on top part of double decker.
- Sprinkle with paprika.