Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apple Soup - Serves 6
- 2 pounds tart apples
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 lemon juice and rind only
- 2 pints boiling water
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons currant jelly
- Wash, core and slice the apples.
- Put apples, cinnamon stick, lemon peel, boiling water and the crumbles in a kettle and boil until apples are tender.
- Remove cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- Put apples through a sieve.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, wine and jelly.
- Stir well, reheat briefly, and serve at once.