- 1 1/2 c. Organic rolled oats (technically, not raw)
- 1 Tbsp. Organic flax seeds
- Your favorite grain/nut milk, purified water, or a combination.
- Organic fruit (optional, albeit a good option!)
- Pour oats into a large bowl.
- Grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder (I use mine for only grains, etc. – no coffee) and toss into the bowl (if you can't grind 'em, just throw them in whole and chew a bit more!).
- Cover with your grain milk (I normally use soy milk and usually add plenty of extra!).
- Feel free to add organic banana slices, strawberries, raisins, dates, or peaches, etc.
Note: I sometimes add other grains such as rye (I've even tried quinoa). If your grains are a bit tough, try grinding them also (sometimes I grind all the grains). Use the amount of food that is right for you. I also sometimes add a small shot of maple syrup (yum).