Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I found this on the cooking echo, it sounded sooo good! It may be worth trying out as soon as I can convince "Bert" that squash is good for you and yours.;-) Which is the reason why I put it in my diabetic recipes file.
- Yields 6 servings
- 3½ lbs spaghetti squash, 1 medium
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets, fresh
- 1 cup zucchini, small, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, small, crushed
- ¾ tsp reduced calorie margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- ½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp imitation butter flavoring
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- Wash squash; cut in half lengthwise and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in a Dutch oven; add 2 inches water.
- Bring water to a boil, cover and cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Drain squash and cool.
- Using a fork remove spaghetti-like strands.
- Measure 3 cups of strands; set aside.
- Remove remaining strands for other use.
- Steam vegetables 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- Combine squash strands and vegetables, tossing gently.
- Cover to keep warm; set aside.
- Saute garlic in margarine in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- Add milk, cheese, butter flavoring, and seasonings to saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot (do not boil).
- Spoon cheese mixture over vegetable mixture, tossing gently.
Nutritional information Edit
- Food exchanges: 1 food + some free vegetables, ½ high-fat meat + ½ fat
- About 77 calories, 4.5 grams protein, 2.5 grams fat, 10.3 grams carbohydrate, 7 milligrams cholesterol, 171 milligrams sodium, and 331 milligrams potassium